A Weekly Cleaning System is the backbone of staying on top of clutter. It frees up time since regular routines create order. The goal is to stay ahead of the dust and clutter without much effort.
Here’s what you want to do in Weekly Cleaning so your house stays clean:
1) Empty Wastebaskets. Believe it or not, this is a sign of all clean homes and offices. Get your money’s worth from your weekly garbage pickup by tossing out everything you can.
2) Change Bed Linens. Instead of tackling the Herculean task of changing all the beds on the same day, try changing no more than two beds per day. Set up a schedule for changing bed linens on a weekly or every-other-week schedule.
3) Vacuum Regularly. Vacuuming is one of the quickest ways to give the illusion of a clean home. It also minimizes dust and adds longevity to an expensive part of your home- your carpet and floors.
4) Clean Kitchen and Bathroom Floors. When kitchen and bathroom floors are clean, people will presume you have a clean home. And all you did was keep the crumbs and dirt picked up.
5) Eliminate One “Clutter Pile.” Piles are telltale signs of disorder. How many do you see around your house right now? Conquer one pile per week and soon you’ll regain control.
6) Complete One Project from your “Priority Project List.” Create this priority project list while vacuuming and scrutinizing your home. List no more than ten items, though. Once you have a few crossed off, you can add others.
7) Handle Errands. Whenever possible, do a few errands on your way home from being out. A convenient, quick stop on the way home takes less time than getting up the momentum to go out and tackle a bunch of errands later.
Example Weekly Cleaning System
Monday- Empty wastebaskets
Tuesday -Vacuum traffic areas
Wednesday-Eliminate one “Clutter Pile”
Thursday – Do Errands, i.e.banking & gas
Friday- Clean the kitchen & bathroom floors
Saturday- Change beds & do laundry
Sunday – Free Day
The Benefits of Organizing Your Cleaning
A simple cleaning system gives you:
• a nice-looking home
• more free time
• less stress
It is definitely worth the time to create a system that works for you. Use our 3 x 5 Weekly Chart to create your own routines.
Need extra motivation to get that system in place? Join Marcia’s course, “Simplify Your Life: 7 Weeks to a New You!”