Class:Organize Your Closet and Expand Your Wardrobe!TOPICS: Closet Organizing
Are you and your closet “looking good?” Achieve a well-organized closet so you don’t stress over having “nothing to wear.” Learn how to dress well and stretch your closet with what you have by following these three steps. You’ll feel like a new person after our closet makeover!
Step 1. Hanging Clothes
Work intentionally from left to right on the hanging rods.
* Hang jackets, blouses, slacks, etc. together by sections. Organize from dark to light.
* Pull out each hanger and ask, ‘Do I like this, and do I wear it?” Keep if yes to both.
* Place excess items in 3 labeled piles: Giveaway, To Fix, any Dry Clean.
* Use matching hangers in white plastic, wood, or velvet to give everything a clean, crisp look. Space hangers 1 inch apart.
The clothes in your closet should be all your favorites where you can find them. The “so-so” items are passed to someone else who can use them. The fewer, well-chosen outfits you have the better you will dress!
Step 2. Floor Space
Clean up and clear out floor clutter until it’s neat and spacious.
* Pull everything out and vacuum (wash) the floor.
* Line up all the shoes from dressy to casual and dark to light.
* Place shoes back that you use, donate unused shoes, store out of season shoes in boxes on top shelving or under the bed.
* Place a clothes hamper and a Donation Bag/box in closet. Continuously drop in donation items as you dress each day.
Step 3. Shelf Space
Pull everything out and dust or wash the shelves.
* Hold up each clothing item and ask, ‘Do I like this, and do I wear it?
* If the answer is ‘yes,’ fold it with a smooth rounded “Decorative Edge” forward.
* Stack items by categories: sweaters, T-shirts, lounging wear, sportswear, etc.
* If storing shoes or other clothing, place those in matching labeled boxes.
Place extra items in your Donation bag. Double check if there is anything you are not using and continue to donate.
Finish up by donating all you can within 24 hours, repair buttons or seams that need it, and dry clean those spots away.
“Perhaps in no other area are we more tempted to keep unused things than with clothes. Listen, let’s quit dreaming. Give it to the Salvation Army. Let them find the perfect person.”
–Sandra Felton, President and Founder Messies Anonymous
In the class “Organize Your Closet and Expand Your Wardrobe!” you will learn to:
* Start your day looking your best and wearing an outfit you feel good in.
* Create “Grab ‘n Go” outfits for busy days.
* How to organize dresser drawers including jewelry.
* Decide what clothes to keep clothes or let go
* Forms to receive a Tax Deduction for donated clothes.
The Class is available to listen online RIGHT NOW!
Registration Details Here