How are you adjusting to your “New Normal” in Coronavirus shutdowns and restrictions?
Are you feeling stuck and waiting for your old normal life, or are you problem solving with Workarounds?
While it was nice to slow down the first couple days at home, now there is a need to set up a “New Normal” with Workarounds.
Here’s 5 Steps to help you find those!
5 Coronavirus Workarounds
1) Identify your goal and ask “How important is this to tackle it right now?”
It might lower your stress to put it on the back burner for a little while.
2) Brainstorm 3 Other Solutions
- Email the person
- Go eat and come back to it
- Scour your cabinets to see if you have another item that would work just as well
3) Gather the Family and Talk it Through
How will we all be here and do schoolwork while someone else needs quiet to study or be on the phone? Get a consensus and set up separate spaces.
4) Plan Ahead, then Let it Go
Sure, you want to have fresh fruits and foods on hand, but you can only buy ahead so far.
Write the list, get frozen veggies, and let that worry go. There are other things to focus on.
5) It’s Not About the Food, It’s About the Mood
Ah, right now people are having more “family dinners” than before.
Enjoy the reprieve, have friendly chats about the best part of the day so far, and get reacquainted without someone rushing off to sports, the gym, or more work.