Sometimes taking an honest look at our activities and lifestyle gives us clues as to where we can save time and reduce stress. In this exercise, answer “yes” or “no” to pinpoint certain stressful areas and to find out how organized you really are:
1. Do you know how long it takes you to get up and out the door each morning?
2. Do you lower your stress by arriving on time or early for your appointments?
3. Do you return calls and e-mails the same day?
4. Have your bills and credit cards been paid on time for the past six months?
5. Do you know how much money you have in your purse and bank accounts?
6. Do you know how much gas you have in the tank? Is your car clutter-free?
7. Are all clean clothes put away and all the dirty clothes in the hamper?
8. Do you know what’s for dinner and how long it will take to make it?
9. Would people say you are organized?
10. Do you feel organized?
Bonus question: Did you organize and simplify something in your life in the last three weeks?
Score: 10 points for each “yes” response, plus five points for the bonus question.
Scoring Your Results:
* 90 points or higher. Congratulations! You have excellent organization skills, and you could be giving seminars on this topic.
* 70-89 points. You’re a generally well-organized person who has things together.
* 50-69 points. You’re a little organized, and that’s what I’m afraid of ‒ you’re just a little organized.
* 10-49 points. Uh-oh. Life’s getting the best of you. You are going to be a “big hit” with your improvements.
If you scored below 90 points, I would highly recommend you learn how to live an organized lifestyle – it is definitely easier than a stressed out one! In my book I lay out:
* simplify your weekly calendar
* how to simplify your daily schedule
* Again how to simply have a great day – every day!
If you find that you simply do not have enough time to be organized, try Marcia’s “10 Timesaving Habits to Simplify Your Day.”
Wish your score was better? Check out Marcia’s course, “Simplify Life: 7 Weeks to a New You!” to get your life from chaos to control.