Kitchen cleanup can be done faster than you think, even in 15 minutes. I know because it used to take me from 6:00-10:00 pm.No more! 15 minutes & it’s done with these 5 steps! I even included a chart so you can print and post it to keep yourself on track after each meal.
1) Clear the table and leave only the centerpiece. Load the dishwasher, collect hand-wash items, and put the leftovers away ASAP. Get the whole family involved to speed up the process. (Time: five minutes)
2) Set up a rotating family schedule for dish washing. Wash the remaining pots and pans right after the meal before they get crusty and take twice as long to get done. (Time: five minutes)
3) Wipe off the table and the kitchen counters. (Time: one minute)
4) Put the dried dishes and the drying rack away as soon as possible. A kitchen always looks messy if dishes are continually drying on the counter. (Time: two minutes)
5) Empty the garbage and clean the floor as needed. (Time: two minutes)
Total time spent in cleanup: fifteen minutes. Now you’re finished for the evening and can do something else you enjoy!
Excerpt from Simplify Your Life: Get Organized and Stay That Way! by Marcia Ramsland
For this and easy systems to manage your home, time, and life take Marcia’s course “FRESH START!” The 7-Step System for Getting Organized and Staying that Way! FRESH START DETAILS HERE